How to Drink Green Tea for Weight Loss. Not only flavored water, there is a whole green tea diet system that focuses on weight loss and other health benefits. Drinking freshly steamed tea leaves helps them absorb the anti-oxidants and other bioactive properties contained within them.
Rich in antioxidants, green tea is full of anti-oxidants which help protect the body from the negative effect of free radicals. A healthy diet rich in antioxidants prevents harmful free radical molecules from damaging the cells inside the human body. Free radicals are caused by exposure to harmful environmental elements, such as pollution and smoking. These harmful substances damage our cells and contribute to many chronic diseases.
The weight loss properties of green tea have been well known for some time. Some people claim that drinking a cup or two every day of tea can help you lose weight. But is this method safe?
What is in a weight-loss tea that makes it so effective? Here are some things to look for when drinking it:
* Green tea contains polyphenols, the most powerful antioxidants available today. This compound provides the body with much needed protection against free radicals, one of the greatest threats to the human body. In fact, it is the antioxidant properties of this plant that have been found to be the reason why green tea has been used for centuries as a medicine for heart disease.
* Because the body does not have to break down antioxidants, they are more effective in preventing free radicals from damaging your cells. As an example, polyphenol compounds found in green tea have been shown to kill cancer cells. This is one of the reasons that drinking green tea may prevent cancer. However, it should be noted that there is no evidence showing that drinking tea will stop other types of cancer, like leukemia.
* Another great thing about drinking green tea is that it provides a complete source of the flavonoids, or essential amino acids that are so beneficial in lowering cholesterol levels. and increasing good cholesterol. This substance helps to lower LDL cholesterol levels and prevent the buildup of triglycerides in the blood stream.
* Green tea is also very beneficial to the liver and helps it to function properly. A good healthy liver produces less LDL cholesterol and more HDL cholesterol.
* Green tea also has a powerful anti-inflammatory effect. It inhibits the formation of bile acids in the intestine that contribute to the production of cholesterol. So when the body releases bile acids into the bloodstream, the cholesterol stays on its own and is not transported to other parts of the body where it is needed for further damage.
* Green tea also contains a chemical called catechins, which lowers bad cholesterol by inhibiting the conversion of LDL cholesterol to another substance called triglycerides. This is a proven way to reduce cholesterol levels in the blood stream.
* Green tea is also believed to contain the nutrients that are necessary for weight loss. That means that it helps to break down fat cells that cause the metabolism to slow down.
* One of the primary benefits of drinking green tea is that it provides a source of antioxidants for the skin. Many scientific studies have shown that green tea has antioxidants that can help prevent damage to the skin caused by free radical activity. It also helps to stimulate the immune system and fight infections that have formed due to stress.
Of course, these benefits are only a few of the many that you can get from drinking green tea. But if you are looking for a way to lose weight, there is no question that drinking green tea is the best way to do it.